Revalidation of 12A/12AA and 80G for Trusts and NGO
The Central Board of Direct Taxes, on the 26th of March 2021, notified the much-awaited forms, procedures, and required list of documents for organisation who are holding registration under section 12A/12AA/10(23)/35/80G(5).
The Income-tax (6th Amendment) Rules, 2021 shall come into force from 1st April 2021.
NGOs already registered under section 12A or 12AA or 10(23) and have an 80G certificate must file form 10A. This form shall be furnished electronically and verified using a digital signature or through an EVC as applicable.
The person who’s authorised to verify the income tax returns shall verify the Form 10A.
Organisations with existing registrations under section 12A/12AA shall file the application within three months from the 1st day of April 2021. (i.e. before 30th June 2021)
The application shall be accompanied by the following documents, —
1. Self-certified copy of the Trust deed, Memorandum of Association, Articles of Association, etc
2. Self-certified copy of Certificate of Incorporation, Registration certificate with Charity Commissioner, or Registration of deed with Registrar
3. Self-certified copy of FCRA Certificate, if registered
4. Self-certified copy of 12A/12AA/80G registration certificate
5. Self-certified copy of the order of rejection of 12A/12AA/80G, if any
6. Self-certified copy of annual accounts for previous three financial years
7. Self-certified copy of annuals accounts of business undertaking AND audit reports under section 44AB, if any
8. Self-certified copy of the documents evidencing adoption or modification of the objects;
9. a note on the activities of the organisation