You are eligible for GST registration if you are a business with an annual turnover of 40 lakhs (Rs 10 Lakhs: Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and North-Eastern states) and Rs 20 lakhs (for services).
- E-commerce operator: Person with e-commerce business should have GST registration from the start.
- Casual taxpayer: If you are goods or services supplier to events/exhibitions (no permanent business address), get online GST registration (valid for 90 days).
- Online information: Register for GST if you are not a registered taxable person sending online data and database access.
- NRI exporters & importers: GST registration mandatory irrespective of turnover for NRI company or person involved in supplying goods or in services in India.
- Sales/Service provider to other state (Inter-state): If you supply services and goods to another state, go for GST registration.